You may remember a few weeks ago we had one of our former hedgehogs called 'Grape' come back into care after being found by a young lad named Frazer. Frazer discovered Grape in his garden with a nasty wound on his side caused by a strimmer. Grape was very poorly, suffering from an extensive infection and dehydration, and sadly this was just too much for him and he passed away about 36 hours after being admitted into care.
Frazer has worked long and hard on a poster in the memory of his friend Grape to warn of the dangers strimmers and other garden equipment pose for our hedgehogs and other wildlife. This is going to be used to educate people locally. Already Frazer's poster on Facebook has been shared over 251 times and over 13,552 people have seen it. The poster is being shared across the country by hedgehog lovers!
Thank you Frazer and we are so sorry we could not do more for Grape.
- END -
Press Contact: Trevor Weeks MBE (East Sussex WRAS) - 01825 873003 or 07931 523958Share this!