Trevor is recoverying after being bitten by an Adder during a rescue in Lewes on Saturday. A combination of Trevor's blood pressure problems and the venomous bite causes Trevor to collapse in an almost fatal but rare reaction.
At Lewes Minor Injury Unit Trevor had his bite assessed but then collapsed as his blood pressure dropped and pain increased. Paramedics worked on him for 15 minutes before rushing him by ambulance to Brighton Accident and Emergency Department. At one point Trevor's girlfriend was warned Trevor may not survive. Anti-venom was administered along with other drugs.