As it is WRAS’s 25th year as a voluntary group, we want to celebrate the nature of East Sussex by running a nature photo competition. It will be £5 to enter up to 5 photos and then an additional £1 per extra photo sent. The photos have to be based on the theme of “Sussex Nature” so can include photos of wildlife, plants or country scenes etc.
In each edition of the newsletter we will announce a winner who will receive a celebratory WRAS 25th Year mug and their photo in the newsletter and on our social media sites. We will also produce a calendar of the best entries, anyone featuring in the calendar will also receive a WRAS 25th year mug too.
How to enter: Your photos need to be in either a png, gif, jpg, bmp or similar picture format and between 1 and 2 MB in size.
E-mail your photos as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your name, address and phone number.
Then send payment via paypal to the same e-mail address and add a note with the payment to say it is WRAS’s Photo Competition and your name.
If you are sending money from a different e-mail address from which you are sending the photos, please give the e-mail address in the note so we can match up the payment to the photos.
We can also accept photos on disk or memory card with a cheque payable to “East Sussex WRAS” if sent to East Sussex WRAS, Unit 2, The Shaw Barn, Whitesmith, BN8 6JD.
Want to buy a mug? If you don’t want to enter but fancy buying one of our celebratory 25th year mugs then you can pick one up from our Eastbourne Charity Shop at 192 Terminus Road Eastbourne BN21 3BB, or from our the reception at our Casualty Centre. They are also available via our Ebay site for £5.00 plus postage.
Terms & Conditions:
The organisers reserve the right to modify these terms and conditions without notice.
- By entering the Competition, you agree to the provisions of these Terms and Conditions and to comply fully with them.
- Competitions are open to all residents of England.
- If you are under the age of 18 you must have permission to enter the Competition from your parent or guardian. By submitting an entry for the competition, your parent/carer/guardian is deemed to have given such consent and to agree to the use of the entry as described in these terms and conditions.
- The Organisers cannot be held responsible for emails that do not arrive due to the entrant's email security settings or restrictions placed by their Internet service provider.
- All photographs must be entered via email to email@example.com or electronically via the post East Sussex WRAS, Unit 2, The Shaw Barn, Whitesmith, BN8 6JD.
- If your photograph features any person or people, they should be aware that they are being photographed and permission should be obtained from all involved (or their parent's/guardian's permission if under 16) for their photograph to be submitted in the competition. If it is clear that the people are not aware of their picture being taken or are embarrassed in any way by any entry we receive, East Sussex WRAS reserves the right to disqualify the entry.
Copyright and reproduction
- You must be the sole author and owner of the copyright for all images entered. You will retain copyright of your entries at all times and always be credited alongside your picture.
- See usage rights listed below
- Photos will only be reproduced into a calendar if there are enough suitable entries to do so.
- By entering your images into the competition, you grant permission to East Sussex WRAS exclusive license to reproduce the images for the following purposes
- Printing of winning and highly commended photographs in local media. We ask that the press credit photographers where the images are used but cannot be held responsible for errors and omissions.
Inclusion of winning and highly commended photographs on the East Sussex WRAS website.
- East Sussex WRAS related social media accounts. Photographers will be credited alongside their work.
The information you provide will be collected and stored by East Sussex WRAS and processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. We will only use your information for the purposes of administration of the Competition (including publishing your name and Town if you are the winner) and any other purposes to which you have consented. We will not pass your details on to any third party without your express permission.
Indemnity and Limitation of Liability
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, East Sussex WRAS excludes its liability for any loss, damage, injury, cost or expense suffered by you, whether directly or indirectly and howsoever caused, in connection with the Competition and use of any prize. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude East Sussex WRAS's liability for death or personal injury arising from East Sussex WRAS's own negligence or any other liability that cannot, as a matter of law, be excluded.
- You agree to indemnify East Sussex WRAS and keep East Sussex WRAS indemnified against any loss, damage, injury, cost or expense suffered by East Sussex WRAS as a result of your entry in the Competition, including (but not limited to) any claim of infringement of intellectual property rights made by any third party.
- You agree that if you are the winner, you will take part in and cooperate fully with reasonable publicity and to the use of your name and photograph in such publicity.
- East Sussex WRAS reserves the right to modify these Terms and Conditions at any time through the East Sussex WRAS without giving notice.
If you would like to remove your entry from the competition then you can do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with English Law and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.Share this!