Do you know someone who is fascinated by hedgehogs and would like to be a hedgehog carer for a morning? Are you struggling to find a suitable present for someone who is mad on hedgehogs? Then why not buy them a Hedgehog Experience!
We are offering people the chance to spend the morning working at WRAS feeding and cleaning our hedgehogs, getting to handle some of them, as well as learning more about these fascinating creatures.
- Minimum age of 13 and must be accompanied by a full paying adult if under the age of 18.
- We are unable to supervise children for you so for every 2 children there must be 1 adult to accompany them.
- Maximum group size = 4 people
- £40 for anyone 18 and over
- £20 for anyone under 18 (youngest must be 13 years old)
- Adult groups of 4 will be discounted to £30 per person.
The day is divided into 3 stages:
- Stage 1: Is to sit down and look at some of the problems hedgehogs face and what you can do to help hedgehogs and to learn when they are in trouble and in need of being rescued.
- Stage 2: Will be a look round the hospital where the hedgehogs are currently housed and we will show and explain how they are looked after and over wintered.
- Stage 3: Will be to help our volunteers to handle, clean out and feed some of the hedgehogs.
The experiences take place at weekends. Dates are dependent on availability of volunteer instructors. The sessions are 3 hours long starting at 10am finishing around 1pm.
The vouchers are valid for a year from the date of purchase and can easily be given as a gift to a loved one, so they can book the experience themselves!
The Experience takes place at East Sussex WRAS's Casualty Care Centre at Unit 2, The Shaw Barn, Whitesmith, East Sussex, BN8 6JD (on the A22 between Hailsham and Uckfield).
To purchase a voucher, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and Rachael will aim to get back to you within a minimum of 2 weeks.
Please note that Rachael who coordinates the hedgehog experience sessions is a volunteer, and may not be able to respond to your email or phone calls straight away but will aim to get back to you as soon as possible. A response could possibly take over a week. Please be patient with us.Follow us!