I watched the Fox Bite programme - better than I thought it was going to be - there is clearly more to the situation than meets the eye. I am very pleased that the "feeding foxes" issue was raised as I have said for ages now that taming foxes and domesticating them via feeding on a daily basis is not right and not fair... on the foxes.
Tag Archives: bite
WRAS warns against fox fear
East Sussex Wildlife Rescue and Ambulance Service (WRAS) has stepped forward after the recent fox bite incident in Brighton.
The charity is warning against any unnecessary steps being taken towards foxes and other wildlife. Trevor Weeks, the charity's founder, said "we all expect the media these days to use sensational wording around these incidents but unfortunately some people are frightened by what is reported in the media. Although I feel sorry for what the children have been through and the worry it must have caused to the parents, we really need to put these incidents into perspective. It is clear from the London incident that there is more there than meets the eye, especially as they have refused to allow experts to investigate, and I, like so many others, do not believe that it was a fox that attacked the children, and like so many incident before it may end up being the parents trying to protect the family dog or cat which might be the true culprit. It has been known for years by the educational authorities that foxes live under such make shift buildings at schools, so it should come as no surprise that there was a fox present. The fox did not attack the child, it was defending itself – there is a significant difference. Any wild animal is going to turn round and bite if you grab its tail. I can remember as a child being warned about this by my parents and children of this age should be supervised closely."
Trevor recovers following adder bite
Trevor is recoverying after being bitten by an Adder during a rescue in Lewes on Saturday. A combination of Trevor's blood pressure problems and the venomous bite causes Trevor to collapse in an almost fatal but rare reaction.
At Lewes Minor Injury Unit Trevor had his bite assessed but then collapsed as his blood pressure dropped and pain increased. Paramedics worked on him for 15 minutes before rushing him by ambulance to Brighton Accident and Emergency Department. At one point Trevor's girlfriend was warned Trevor may not survive. Anti-venom was administered along with other drugs.